The Auto Windscreens website (www.autowindscreens.co.uk) places cookies, small files containing data related to our website, on your computer, smart phone or tablet device. This is standard practice for all websites and allows for the provision of certain functionality.
By using and browsing the Auto Windscreens website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. If you do not consent, you must disable cookies or refrain from using the site.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files which are placed on your computer or other mobile or handheld device (such as smart 'phones or 'tablets') as you browse this website. They are used to store information related to site usage and are managed by your internet browser application and are stored in a predetermined area of storage. Cookies are essential for the effective operation of our website and to enable to you complete an online booking request.
Who creates the cookies?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access this website are set by Auto Windscreens and a select few third parties like Google. None of these third parties collect any personal data from which they would be able to identify individual customers.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of website, particularly in relation to on-line transactions/enquiries.
- To enable Auto Windscreens to collect information about the success of online advertising campaigns and competitions
- To enable Auto Windscreen to collect information about our site performance and browsing habits of customers in order to drive improvements of our website.
- To enable 'integration' with selected third party services such as social media websites
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use, you will find further detail belowsfor the most popular browsers:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Choose the menu "tools" then "Internet Options"
- Click on the "privacy" tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Mozilla firefox
- Choose the menu "tools" then "Options"
- Click on the icon "privacy"
- Find the menu "cookie" and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further
- Choose the menu Files"> "Preferences"
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable 3rd party cookies you will not be prevented from completing an online enquiry or booking request. If you disable all cookies you will be unable to complete these actions.