Coronavirus partner statement
Dear Auto Windscreens community,
Auto Windscreens is committed to the wellbeing of our staff, customers and general public and are closely following guidance that has been issued by the UK government, NHS and regulated bodies.
Following the government announcement on the 23rd March 2020 and the tighter restrictions now imposed on all movement to and from home, we have reviewed the rules and although our business is not restricted from operating, we will be looking to reduce the service we provide.
We aim to carry on working but with a lower than usual resource, due to an increase in self-isolation and sickness across our network, and tightening our previously advised temporary working practices.
We are beginning to see parts of our supply chain working with reduced capacity, too. Therefore, we pledge to continue to provide services where customers need and want us to carry out work, with priority being given to those in critical employment such as NHS and emergency services staff and critical sector fleets (Supermarkets, etc).
If customers wish to delay service, we will be contacting them and arrange appointments for suitable future dates.
We'll keep in touch if things change. Please stay safe and look after one another.
Commercial and Sales Director, Auto Windscreens
Our business continuity plans for a Pandemic have been updated and we have now moved to the following measures from 24/03/2020:
- All fitting hub appointments will be re-arranged so as not to ask the customer to leave their home
- All Calibrations will be re-arranged so as not to ask the customer to leave their home
- Customers with future appointments will be contacted to rebook for later dates if they wish
- Call centre staff will inform customers on initial call to expect instructions via email
- Customers will receive a text message at 16:00 the day before their appointment with a link to our customer coronavirus message on the website
- Customers are called prior to arrival by our technician
- Technicians are advised to regularly wash their hands and ensure they wear nitrile gloves whilst working on vehicle
- Technicians will not ask customers to leave their homes or meet at the AW vehicle
- Technicians are advised to adhere to social distancing recommendations, and will keep a distance of over 2 meters between themselves and the customer at all times
- Technicians will avoid unnecessary contact with the customer. On completion of the job, they will ask if the customer is satisfied with their work and sign the computer tablet on behalf of the customer. They will NOT pass the tablet to the customer for either a survey or their signature
- Existing and new customers will be kept informed of the ongoing situation and any changes via email
Our message to customers:
Customer coronavirus message
Our Business Continuity Plans continue to evolve and we are now reviewing the service levels daily and will send further communications if required.
Measures currently in place for Auto Windscreens staff:
- All front and back office staff able to work from home are doing so
- Additional equipment and mobile devices have been deployed to enable more staff to work from home
- Information and advice has been provided for staff to recognise symptoms of the coronavirus and when to self-isolate
- We are observing recommendations for social distancing in offices for staff by increasing home working and utilising unused office space
- Staff sickness, downtime levels and forecasts for the coming day/week/month are being monitored daily
- Daily updates are being communicated via Intranet and email to all staff with the latest information received from Public Health England
- Customers are receiving text messages asking them to let us know if they are affected by the coronavirus so we can delay their appointment if appropriate
- Advice from Public Health England is displayed on site
- Conference calls/video calls are encouraged with customers, suppliers and internal teams rather than face to face meetings
- All suppliers and dealerships have been requested to share their plans and BCP
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our sales support team via email@example.com or 01246 223129.